It will never be:
- the right time
Nobody is going to:
- tell you exactly what to do
- drag you out of bed in the morning
- yell at you to eat healthy
- lift weights for you
- run a race for you
There will always be:
- sick days
- sleepless nights
- early mornings
- bad weather
- long days at the office
It will always be easier to:
- say no
- hit SNOOZE
- do nothing
- blame others
- make excuses
- give up
- say “I tried my best” when you really didn’t
Life is freaking tough – health, wealth, and happiness certainly don’t come easy.
For those reasons, you don’t need:
- The best equipment
- The best business plan
- The PERFECT workout program (it doesn’t exist)
- A super specific meal plan
And it’s okay to:
- not have all of the answers yet – NOBODY does
- not have your life completely figured out yet – NOBODY does
- get started and figure things out as you go
As Teddy Roosevelt once said, “Do the best you can, with what you have, where you are.”
Take action. Make changes.
You will make mistakes. You will fail. Embrace it.
You know what’s NOT okay?
- to expect instant success and gratification
- to give up immediately when life doesn’t go your way
- to keep doing the same thing while expecting different results
- to coast through life while complaining about it
- to constantly wonder “what if” without ever finding out
Tomorrow never comes.
Eventually never happens.
Shut up and start.
You can totally apply this Nerd Fitness post for anything. Running, having kids, getting that new job. And I agree with what is posted. I can say that I tried my best, when I know that I have not. I just do bare minimum at pretty much everything to just get by and running and working out is no exception. I’ll be finishing that marathon in 6 days, but I could have done it lighter and faster. Life is tough and things don’t come easy. I don’t expect instant success and gratification and I do need to work on a plan to get different results if I continue this marathon thing next year.
Is there a site or someone that you go to to get some much needed tough love?