Today, I got up a little earlier then my regular Noon wake-up time. It’s a benefit of getting to bed at 3am.
I noticed, that it takes me at least a half hour to get out the door when I want to run before work in the afternoon. At least a half hour.
Even if I have stuff all out and ready the day before, I am still slow out the door.
There are just things that I have to do. And it seems to take me forever some mornings.
1. Fooding. Today was 2 turkey sausage links, some veggies (zucchini, green pepper, onion) and a piece of toast with PB & chia. But fooding always varies in the mornings depending on if I need or want to cook or if I really want to get outside quicker.
2. Coffee. Actually this is number one. Coffee is mandatory. At least one cup.
3. Potty. Well, this is whenever it happens, but prefer it before I go pound the pavement.
4. Sunscreen. Always wear sunscreen.
5. Clothing. This is what always takes the longest. So many choices, and the weather has to cooperate with me. What is clean & what isn’t? Today was a black DTL skirt & pink Brooks tank. And I put my tank on inside out. And then a long sleeved that I wore over it I had on backwards. You would think it was dark out or I didn’t have my coffee beforehand but I did! And it was just after 11am.
6. Garmin. Is the G charged or should I throw it on the charger for a few before I head out.
7. Water. Gotta fill up the Nalgene for post slog hydration.
8. Gear. Is there any thing else I need to bring? Fuel belt thing cuz my clothes don’t have pockets for my phone or keys or a handheld depending on the length of run & weather? Shades, hat, shoes, socks, and pre/post-run flip flops if I need to run errands after. Like today was grocery store day. And a bag to hold everything.
Well, despite it feeling like it takes me forever to get out the door, I got to the post office (found a goodie from Marcia in the mail waiting for me that I won. Had to go to the store & try it out! Thanks for having the giveaway!)
And I decided to do a little speedwork with myself.
11min/mi pace. I am proud of myself and I don’t do speedwork as often as I should but it is always worth it. And I always run by feel and today, I felt like being faster then I usually am.
And men are always nicer on the greenbelt then women. Always. Maybe because I am always in a skirt (and have nice legs) but men more often then not say hi and chat you up, which happened today, then women. Thank you men for not being creepers & perking up my day.
How often do you do speedwork? What is your pre-running/workout routine? Does it take you forever to get out the door like me?