Today, my post is going to be a little random. I have a lot to say, but not enough of each for a solid post, so a numbered post it will be.
1. I don’t feel like running today. I have only done 8 miles this week. I feel I can claim the excuse of Tapering. But I plan on re-slogging the Hard Guy again on Sunday. Probably alone. You know, 12 miles, because I am tapering. And I will use it as a guesstimate finishing time for the Foothills 12K next week. And just you wait for what I have planned for the Sunday after that race!
2. My upper body hurts from my 3 solid minutes of hand to forearm planks 2 days in a row. I will post a YouTube on my plank accomplishment soon so I can share whether my form sucks or I am getting stronger. And to show the BF what I mean by planks. I told him to google it because he didn’t know and he found planking.
|Not what I mean.|
3. Did you know that there are something called the Olympics going on for a few days? Yeah. Pretty exciting. I don’t know what I am going to do at work tonight while all of you get to watch your TV. I am jealous. Hopefully everyone will live tweet (if I am not following you, lemme know and I will) and I can read all your Olympic excitement.
4. The Olympics are not the only thing going on this weekend either. Shocking, huh. All pro-women MMA is happening and you can watch it online live stream on Saturday.
I am not a fan watching people beat each other up, but these chicks are strong and fit. And I want to do it. And some of the WMMA clothes are fun in an I’m Gonna Take You Down Wearing Pink and Put You In A Chokehold To Tapout kinda way. And I want this shirt. If I did WMMA.
|Cage Candy shirt|
5. And now something running related. Speedgoat 50K is happening this Saturday at 6:30am. Which will also have live coverage.I didn’t know that Karl Meltzer started this race.
I wonder how long it would take me to do this race?
What is on your mind this Friday? Any desire, ever, to do an Ultra? What are you looking forward in the Olympics? Do you like MMA?