I am attempting to come up with some new ideas to blog about. I want to share things that interest me because, well, I am a pretty open person and I am sure you all are interested in what interests me, right?
I read a lot of food blogs and always want to share my take of some that I try to things that I come up with on my own.
|Adam autographed this for me at the beginning of the year. Totes recommend the book!|
I attempted that first food blog today. Food blogging is hard.
1. Despite having a super nice DSLR camera now – thanks to the new boy – it’s not as smart, or easy as my cell phone camera for Instagram pics!
|2 attempts for the IG win compared to the bazillion DSLR shots|
2. I need a better background set up.
3. I can’t do pics in the evening and need the afternoon light. I got a ton of windows in my place and lighting is freaking perfect in the afternoon.
4. The new boys parentals are graphic designers. I have access to his laptop with all this crazy graphic altering nerd stuff. I might have to learn, at the very least, how to use Photoshop for more then cropping!
5. My first attempt at this won’t be the last! But I AM lazy deep down inside, so who really knows? 😉
Here is my first official food blogging attempt!
After a few months of this whole single-thing, cooking and eating for one is SO hard. I have a hard time consuming everything that I purchase.
When it comes to fruit and veggies, I really don’t want to eat a bushels of them before they go bad. But some always wind up getting tossed before I can eat them. This started over a year ago, but my first instinct is to ask – what would it taste like with vodka?
Or in today’s case – gin.
Cucumber Watermelon Cocktail
I have an cucumber that needed to be consumed ASAP. I chopped a chunk of it and threw it into my blender.
See, proof food blogging is hard. My camera shadow showed up thanks to my flash!
I was going to throw in some strawberries, but the were too far past gone.
Sad. In the trash they went.
But I have a lot of watermelon and it’s perfect with the cucumber!
Add some lime juice – I’m stuck using the bottled stuff today. Limes are almost a Dollar apiece right now! I need my own lemon and lime trees. I go through them SO fast!
Blend it up, yo.
Use a strainer and strain. Or not. Whateves.
Pour into a glass filled with ice and enjoy as is, with club soda, or as I am doing – gin.
Don’t ask how many times I attempted that above picture.
I feel all healthy now drinking my fruits and veggies.
Seriously, how do you shop, eat, and cook at home for 1-2 people without it all going bad?! OR being stuck with a ton of freezer leftovers?